Huntsville Museum of Art
Alcohol Policy for Renters
HMA is committed to serving as a good steward of its facilities. In order to insure a safe and wholesome environment at all times, HMA has established procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages on its property. HMA holds local and state alcohol licenses and abides by all local and state laws pertaining to the service of alcoholic beverages.
Alcoholic beverages will be priced so that they are comparable with local hotels, restaurants, and other rental facilities, while maintaining a reasonable cost for clients and a reasonable profit margin for HMA. Bartenders are required and will be secured by HMA Rental Coordinator and paid by HMA. The renter pays HMA the bartender’s fee. The prevailing wage is currently $25 per hour. The bartender is experienced and familiar with local laws and regulations as set forth by the Alabama Beverage Control. The Renter is fully responsible for the alcohol consumption of Renter’s employees and guests and their behavior. If Renter fails to order enough alcohol to serve their guests, under NO circumstance can alcohol be purchased during the event and brought on site. Failure to comply with this policy will result in a forfeiture of the deposit and Renter and Renter’s guests will be asked to leave the premises. Renter is required to follow the additional procedures outlined below in order to serve alcoholic beverages on Museum property.
• Alcoholic beverages will be stored in a locked space when not being served.
• All alcoholic beverages must be purchased from HMA.
• No alcoholic beverages can be brought onto the site by Renter
• Alcoholic beverages will be permitted only in those areas designated by the rental agreement.
• Renter/Caterer are required to insure that no person under the age of twenty-one (21) years of age will be served alcoholic beverages and that no alcoholic beverages are served to an intoxicated individual. If there is any doubt about age, identification will be required. Anyone who appears to be under 30 years of age will be carded.
• HMA will secure and pay the bartender. The bartender has the right to refuse service at his/her discretion. Renters pay HMA bartender’s fee.
• The rental client must supply mixers, garnishes, glassware, corkscrews and other supplies needed for the service of alcoholic beverages.
• Final alcohol selection and payment will be due 2 weeks prior to the rental date.
• No refunds will be offered for unopened bottles; however, Renter may take any unopened bottles when the event has ended.