Huntsville Museum of Art seeks a part-time (20 hours/week) Museum Academy Assistant. Along with weekday a work schedule, periodic evening and weekends will be required.
Duties include interacting with children, parents, and adult students, promoting the visual arts through various art media, assisting with art workshop registrations, classroom preparation, facilitating with ceramics program and kiln firing, and all support activity of the Education Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Art History, Art Education, or Fine Arts.
- Minimum of two years of art education experience.
- Demonstrated and effective skills in writing and public speaking.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently yet effectively within the team dynamics.
- Excellent computer skills Mac and PC (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability and temperament to work effectively with volunteers, museum colleagues and general public.
- Successful candidate must be flexible, able to handle multiple requests simultaneously, and have the ability to analyze and resolve problems.
Museum hours of operation: 11 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday, extended hours until 8:00 p.m. on Thursdays, Sunday 12:00-5:00 p.m. Office hours: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Send cover letter, resume and three references by email to email@example.com. No phone calls please. EOE