Job Posting: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Summary: Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides executive support by scheduling appointments, maintaining the Museum Board and Association’s official records, coordinating calendar and files, organizing meetings and completing clerical and administrative business details.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Schedules and maintains Executive Director’s calendar of meetings and trips.
• Assigns and maintains files for Executive Director’s office, including organization of all correspondence and records.
• Prepares agendas, meeting packets, and official minutes of meetings as well as maintains official records for the Museum Board. Serves as the Museum authority on Museum Board and Association by-laws, city ordinances, articles of incorporation, Board member terms of office, code of ethics, etc.; is the conduit of information between the Museum and the City of Huntsville, providing signed Museum Board minutes on a monthly basis and maintaining a current listing of contact persons for the City of Huntsville; prepares and submits the Quarterly report to the City. Serves as the primary contact person for the Museum Board.
• Routes incoming calls to appropriate parties.
• Provides assistance to the Executive Director and Campaign Cabinet on a continuing basis until capital campaign is concluded and all pledges are collected.
• Creates agenda and follow up action items for Leadership Council meetings and schedules LC meetings and retreats.
• Orders office supplies for staff as needed.
• Prepares purchase orders for all expenses from Executive Director’s office.
• Manages and distributes incoming mail, meters outgoing mail, takes packages to the post office and meets all mailing deadlines. Refills postage meter, oversees postage in postage account, manages and reconciles bulk mail account.
• Prepares administrative department budget and assists in preparing executive department budget.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university preferred.
• Three years of experience as senior level or executive assistant.
Skills and Requirements:
• Ability to exhibit good judgment, integrity and self-discipline.
• High level of maturity.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Knowledge of Mac computers is preferred.
• Strong organization skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.