If you are looking for a new,creative location to celebrate a child’s upcoming birthday party, consider using the Museum Academy’s spacious classrooms (Tuesday through Saturday during normal business hours) (Subject to change if an art class is in session.) overlooking the pond at Big Spring International Park.
The Education Department will arrange for a qualified art instructor and all the art supplies for a hands-on art activity for the party guests. Please contact the Museum’s Education Department at least two weeks in advance.
To schedule a Happy Birthday! Art Museum Party, please contact Laura E. Smith, Director of Education/Museum Academy at 256-535-4350 x222 or email: email@example.com.
Birthday Party fees include:$175 HMA members/$190 non-members for up to 12 children due at booking time and $10 each additional child. You may begin to set-up for your party up to 30-minutes before your party time.
Huntsville Museum of Art provides:
- Museum Academy Art Classroom for 1 and 1/2 hour party which includes a 50-minute art activity (led by an art instructor), then party time!
- Children will have a work of art to take home.
- Invitations, decorations, and refreshments: cake, drinks, and paper products. (Note: Wax candles may be used on the birthday cake, accompanied by adult supervision in classroom area only.)
- Minimum of 8 and Maximum of 15 party guests 3 years old and up (excluding parents).
- Clean-up after party. The Museum will provide trash receptacles.
- Masterpiece Birthday Activities:
- Ages 3 & up
- Children create their artistic expressions using paint, brushes, stamps, and other materials for embellishment.
- • Stories in Art
- • Pirates & Princesses
- • Gardens, Fairies & Gnomes
- Studio MasterWorks!
Ages 6 & up
- Children explore drawing and painting media to create a 3-D car, landscape or portrait masterpiece.
- • Artrageous Hot-Rods & Flags
- • Kaleidoscope of Color
- • Animal/Floral Landscapes
- Hands-On Art
Ages 7 & up
- Children decorate their favorite animal using the paper sculpture technique, incorporating mat board pieces, construction paper, glue, markers, and crayons.
- Origami – Paper Planes – Paper Hats
- Children create artful paper sculptures and wearable art using a variety of art papers and other materials of embellishment.
- Be-dazzled Jewelry Making
- Create your very own be-jeweled bracelet.