COVID-19 UPDATE: The Huntsville Museum of Art actively follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for Businesses and Employers Guidelines, in addition to the guidelines from the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) and City of Huntsville and Madison County with regard to holding workshops, classes and camps at the Museum. We are currently taking registrations for fall workshops, camps and classes. We will have a limited number of participants and in alignment with guidelines outlined by Governor Kay Ivey.
Huntsville Museum of Art – Museum Academy
Please take a moment to review our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety Measures.
- Entry to the Museum is not permitted if you have a fever or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- In addition to the rules laid out by the State, the Museum will require all visitors to wear a mask or facial covering.
- All Museum Academy Staff, Instructors and Students (children and adults) are required to wear masks during camps and classes until further notice.
- Children’s Camp/Class: A staff member equipped with PPE gear will be taking your child’s temperature with a no contact infrared thermometer at check-in until further notice. In accordance with current CDC and ADPH guidelines, any child with a temperature elevated to 100.4 or higher will not be admitted at the Museum Academy.
- Camp/Class Check-In: Instructions will be emailed one week prior to the camp/class to each parent/guardian regarding arrival and pick-up of students. There will be a limited number of students per classroom to allow for social distancing
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. CDC signage is located in all restrooms and classrooms.
- Restrooms, high-traffic areas, hands-on exhibits and classrooms are thoroughly cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- The Museum Academy is equipped with hand sanitizer containing an alcohol-based formula that kills 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness.
Signage is posted outside the Museum Academy regarding the Coronavirus Safety Measures.
For more information about what the Museum is doing to help limit the spread of disease, visit hsvmuseum.org
Planning a birthday party? Look no further than the Museum Academy’s spacious classrooms overlooking the pond in Big Spring Park! Available Tuesday through Saturday during normal business hours, unless an art class is in session. In addition to the rules laid out by the State, the Museum will require all visitors to wear a mask or facial covering. All Museum Academy Staff, Instructors and Students (children and adults) are required to wear masks during camps and classes until further notice.
The Education Department will arrange for a qualified art instructor and all the art supplies for a hands-on art activity for the party guests. Please contact the Museum’s Education Department at least two weeks in advance.
Birthday Party fees are due at the time of booking and cover up to 10 children (maximum) due to COVID-19 guidelines.
- Museum Members = $215
- Non-Members = $230
Huntsville Museum of Art provides:
- Museum Academy Art Classroom for a 1 and 1/2 hour party which includes a 50-minute art activity (led by an art instructor), then party time!
- Children will have a work of art to take home.
- Invitations, decorations, and refreshments: cake, drinks, and paper products (Note: Due to COVID-19 guidelines, all food and drinks must be individually wrapped for each guest).
- Minimum of 6 and Maximum of 10 party guests 3 years old and up (excluding parents). COVID-19 Update: Due to limited space in the classroom, we cannot have more than 4 adults stay during the party. Parents/guardians can go next door to Pane e Vino Pizzeria, wait outside the Museum Academy classroom or visit the Museum galleries (admission fee applies).
- Clean-up after party. The Museum will provide trash receptacles.You may begin to set-up for your party up to 30-minutes before your party time.
- To schedule a Happy Birthday! Art Museum Party or for more detailed information, please contact Laura E. Smith, Director of Education/Museum Academy at 256.535.6372 or e-mail: [email protected].
- Updated: August 24, 2020
Party Theme Options:
Option 1: Young-at-Art
(For ages 3 & up)
- Stories in Art
- Pirates & Princesses
- Gardens, Fairies & Gnomes
- Option 2: Studio MasterWorks!
- (For ages 6 & up)
- Categories Include:
- Artrageous Hot-Rods & Flags
- Kaleidoscope of Color
- Animal/Floral Landscapes
- Option 3: Hands-On Art
- (For ages 7 & up)
- Categories Include:
- PaperWorks (Origami, Paper Planes, Paper Hats)
- Be-dazzled Jewelry Making