Huntsville Museum of Art Academy
The Huntsville Museum of Art’s Museum Academy has offered creative and engaging hands-on art classes for over 40 years. The Academy’s programs are held in two classrooms on the Plaza Level in the Museum overlooking Big Spring Park. Schedules include classes for preschoolers through adults. The Academy offers workshops and classes in a variety of media year-round. Find something to suit your interests whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist.
All materials are provided for the children’s classes. Pre-registration is required. To register, call 256.535.6372 or register online by selecting the desired class. Space is limited, so REGISTER NOW! The fee covers the date(s) listed with each class. Spark your imagination and discover a lifelong interest with art! (If a program is full, you may request to be added to a waiting list).
The Winter 2023 Museum Academy Schedule of Master Artist Workshops, Classes for Adults and Spring Break Half-Day Camps and Classes for Children and Teens is live for registration! Classes begin in mid-January.
Click a circle below to register online below.
Classes & Programs Offered:
Classes are taught by experienced instructors and teaching artists who use the Museum – working in the studios and the galleries – as an expanded classroom. Click here to view the Instructors’ Bios.
If you have any questions, check out the Academy FAQs.
INCLEMENT WEATHER UPDATE:
During inclement weather, the Huntsville Museum of Art’s Museum Academy schedule will follow that of the Huntsville City Schools: If the school system closes, the Museum Academy classes will also be postponed. The classes will then meet at their next regularly scheduled time. Check the Museum’s website and Facebook page. When camps/classes or workshops are postponed, there will be a recorded message at 256.535.6372. In the event that Museum Academy camps/classes or workshops are postponed due to inclement weather or other factors beyond our control, we will make every effort to reschedule these classes at the end of the session by adding on an additional week to the schedule.
The Huntsville Museum of Art actively follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for Businesses and Employers Guidelines, in addition to the guidelines from the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) and City of Huntsville and Madison County with regard to holding workshops, classes and camps at the Museum. We are currently taking registrations for workshops, camps and classes.
Huntsville Museum of Art – Museum Academy
Please take a moment to review our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety Measures.
- Entry to the Museum and Academy is not permitted if you have a fever or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Masks will be optional for staff, instructors, children and adults effective Thursday, March 3, 2022.
- There will be a limited number of students per classroom to allow for social distancing
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. CDC signage is located in all restrooms and classrooms.
- Restrooms, high-traffic areas, hands-on exhibits and classrooms are thoroughly cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- The Museum Academy is equipped with hand sanitizer containing an alcohol-based formula that kills 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness.
For more information about what the Museum is doing to help limit the spread of disease, visit the COVID-19 page.