There are a variety of ways you can volunteer your time at the Museum. Lead tours through the Docent Association program or assist with children and adult classes in the Museum Academy.
Museum Docent Association Program:
The Huntsville Museum of Art Docents are a volunteer group of Museum guides who are trained to educate and enhance the experience of visitors. Our Museum docents do a wonderful job of bringing art and people together with every tour they lead. They are truly Museum ambassadors, sharing their extensive knowledge and communicating their excitement about the Museum to the public.
If you are interested in becoming a Museum docent, please contact the Audrey Creel, Docent/Tour Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-535-4350 ext. 223.
- Apply: Prospective docents are asked to complete an online application. Visit the Museum Docents page to access the form.
- Meet with Us: After the application has been reviewed, applicants will be invited to meet with Laura E. Smith, Director of Education/Museum Academy and Audrey Creel, Docent/Tour Programs Coordinator for an interview. This meeting gives us a chance to better understand your skills and interests.
- Complete a Background Check: All docents with the Huntsville Museum of Art are required to pass a background check.
For more information about Museum Docents, visit the Museum Docents page.
Museum Academy Volunteer Program:
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding volunteer position? Youth volunteers assist instructors during the children’s art camps and classes. Find out what volunteer opportunities are currently available at the Museum Academy! Students must be 15 years or older.
There are two ways you can apply to be a volunteer in the Museum Academy:
- Complete these online forms:
- Download these .pdf forms* and mail or e-mail them in:
Questions about the Museum Academy? Contact Laura E. Smith, Director of Education & Museum Academy at 256-535-6372 or email@example.com.
*These .pdf forms require Adobe Reader. Please download the Volunteer Application (if you are not submitting through the online application) and the Recommendation Form and open on your desktop through Adobe Reader to digitally fill out and save the forms.