Huntsville Museum of Art Academy
The Huntsville Museum of Art’s Museum Academy has offered creative and engaging hands-on art classes for over 40 years. The Academy’s programs are held in two classrooms on the Plaza Level in the Museum overlooking Big Spring Park. Schedules include classes for preschoolers through adults. The Academy offers workshops and classes in a variety of media year-round. Find something to suit your interests whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist. Click a button below to learn more and begin registration.
Classes are taught by experienced instructors and teaching artists who use the Museum – working in the studios and the galleries – as an expanded classroom. Click here to view the Instructors’ Bios.
If you have any questions, check out the Academy FAQs.
Please take a moment to review our COVID-19 Safety Measures.
- Entry to the Museum and Academy is not permitted if you have a fever or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Masks will be optional for staff, instructors, children and adults effective Thursday, March 3, 2022.
- There will be a limited number of students per classroom to allow for social distancing
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. CDC signage is located in all restrooms and classrooms.
- Restrooms, high-traffic areas, hands-on exhibits and classrooms are thoroughly cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- The Museum Academy is equipped with hand sanitizer containing an alcohol-based formula that kills 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness.
For more information about what the Museum is doing to help limit the spread of disease, visit the COVID-19 page.