The Huntsville Museum of Art’s Museum Academy has offered creative and engaging hands-on art classes for over 40 years. The Academy’s programs are held in two classrooms on the Plaza Level in the Museum overlooking Big Spring Park. Our schedule includes classes for preschoolers through adults. The Academy offers workshops and classes in a variety of media year-round. Find something to suit your interests whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist. Click a circle below to register.
All materials are provided for the children’s classes. Pre-registration is required. To register, call 256.535.6372 or register online by selecting the desired class. Fee covers the date(s) listed with each class. Spark your imagination and discover a lifelong interest with art! Space is limited, so REGISTER NOW! (If a program is full, you may request to be added to a waiting list).
Classes are taught by experienced instructors and teaching artists who use the Museum – working in the studios to the galleries – as an expanded classroom. Click here to view the Instructors’ Bios.
If you have any questions, check out the Academy FAQs.
INCLEMENT WEATHER UPDATE:
During inclement weather, the Huntsville Museum of Art’s Museum Academy schedule will follow that of the Huntsville City Schools: If the school system closes, the Museum Academy classes will also be postponed. The classes will then meet at their next regularly scheduled time. Check the Museum’s website and Facebook page. When camps/classes or workshops are postponed, there will be a recorded message at 256.535.6372. In the event that Museum Academy camps/classes or workshops are postponed due to inclement weather or other factors beyond our control, we will make every effort to reschedule these classes at the end of the session by adding on an additional week to the schedule.
The Huntsville Museum of Art actively follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for Businesses and Employers Guidelines, in addition to the guidelines from the Alabama Department of Public Health (ADPH) and City of Huntsville and Madison County with regard to holding workshops, classes and camps at the Museum. We are currently taking registrations for workshops, camps and classes. We will have a limited number of participants in alignment with guidelines outlined by Governor Kay Ivey.
Huntsville Museum of Art – Museum Academy
Please take a moment to review our Coronavirus (COVID-19) Safety Measures.
- Entry to the Museum is not permitted if you have a fever or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- In addition to the rules laid out by the State, the Museum will require all visitors to wear a mask or facial covering.
- All Museum Academy Staff, Instructors and Students (children and adults) are required to wear masks during camps and classes.
- Children’s Camp/Class: A staff member equipped with PPE gear will be taking your child’s temperature with a no contact infrared thermometer at check-in until further notice. In accordance with current CDC and ADPH guidelines, any child with a temperature elevated to 100.4 or higher will not be admitted at the Museum Academy.
- There will be a limited number of students per classroom to allow for social distancing
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. CDC signage is located in all restrooms and classrooms.
- Restrooms, high-traffic areas, hands-on exhibits and classrooms are thoroughly cleaned frequently throughout the day.
- The Museum Academy is equipped with hand sanitizer containing an alcohol-based formula that kills 99.99% of the most common germs that may cause illness.
Signage is posted outside the Museum Academy regarding the Coronavirus Safety Measures.
For more information about what the Museum is doing to help limit the spread of disease, visit the COVID-19 page.
The Spring 2021 Schedule of camps, classes, and workshops is happening now.
Spring 2021 Registration Form (to register by mail. Register online below)
The Summer 2021 Schedule of camps, classes, and workshops is now live for registration!
Classes & Programs Offered:
CLICK A CIRCLE BELOW TO REGISTER ONLINE