HUNTSVILLE MUSEUM OF ART
The Huntsville Museum of Art is located downtown in Big Spring International Park. The Museum offers one of the most beautiful settings in Huntsville and a unique and special experience for your guests. The Huntsville Museum of Art is a splendid, elegant space for hosting special events both on the gallery level and upper level of the Museum. The Museum spaces include Loretta Spencer Hall, Judy and Oscar Maxwell Hall, The Betsy and Peter Lowe Boardroom, The Great Hall, The Upper Level, Roper Room and The North Patio. The Museum features prestigious touring exhibitions, contemporary Southern artists and shows that highlight works from our more than 3,000-piece permanent collection. The Museum is available to corporate and professional organizations as well as private individuals.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Caterers should expect to provide services for a variety of events encompassing Museum functions, nonprofit and business meetings, weddings, and community gatherings, to name a few. At the Museum facilities, we will require the use of a preferred caterer for all food service with the exception of light snacks such as cookies, donuts or bagels. Catered events should be food and non-alcoholic beverages only, all alcohol beverage services will be provided through the Huntsville Museum of Art.
- Caterer will remember that the Museum is a cultural facility. The Museum is open to the general public during posted hours.
- Caterer will handle customers in a courteous and responsive manner.
- Communications between the caterer and the customer will be timely and professional.
- Caterer’s employees will be held to high standards of appearance and cleanliness.
- Caterer will coordinate directly with customer regarding menus, event times, serving times, etc.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the building nor 20 feet from the outside of the public entrances on Church Street and Williams Street nor loading dock area.
- You cannot be visible with adult beverages during operational hours
- Deliveries must use designated delivery entrance: Loading dock area
- Gas grills are allowed for outdoor use only. Sterno heating devices are permitted with approval from the Facility/Event Coordinator.
- Caterer will submit to the Huntsville Museum of Art sample menus and pricing for the purpose of fielding inquiries from potential customers.
- Loss or cost recovery due to event cancellation is between the customer and the caterer.
- The Huntsville Museum of Art reserves the right to cancel this agreement in the event that it deems the Caterer’s conduct to be detrimental to the best interest and purposes of the Museum.
Caterer shall pay a cleaning deposit of $300 when using the catering kitchens. This deposit will be forfeited by the Caterer if all of the terms of Set-up and Clean up are not met, as described in this agreement.
USE OF FACILITIES
Catering Equipment Supplies: Caterer agrees to provide all equipment and personnel necessary to prepare,furnish, and serve food. Caterer will be responsible for the installation set up, operation, clean up and maintenance of the equipment used to prepare and serve the food. Caterer shall be responsible for all costs associated with the services including, but not limited to, uniformed personnel necessary to perform the services. No caterer-owned equipment can be stored at the Museum.
Catering Area Equipment Maintenance: The Museum shall be responsible for maintenance of Museum owned equipment. Preferred caterers shall notify Museum staff immediately upon finding damage or repair needs in the catering areas.
A checklist will be provided/checked prior to and after all events by the caterer and Museum Events Coordinator to note any previous damage and damage that occurred while in caterers services. Caterer is liable for damages sustained while in use.
SET-UP AND CLEAN-UP
Decorations must be pre-approved: Nothing may be attached to walls or ceilings. Caterer will be responsible for cleaning all areas within the scope of their services, the complete cleaning of the catering areas to Health Department standards, and the removal of all event related trash to the outside dumpsters provided by the Museum. Caterer and Renter’s Event Coordinator to be aware of the following:
- Decorations may not be attached (taped, nailed, wired, glued or pinned) to the walls, floors, lighting fixtures or ceilings
- No Glitter
- No Animals
- No Vaping
- No Drones
- No Sparklers
- All signs and balloons to be removed from the property at the end of the event
- No Fog Machines
- Paint pens and sky-lanterns are not allowed on Museum property. The use of any adhesive substances are prohibited (i.e., command hooks, tacky).
- All rental dishes, serving items must be removed from the kitchen and put in the holding area near the loading dock. The hallways off the Guild Kitchen and Loretta Spencer Hall must be cleaned.
Tables and Chairs: Caterers will have access to service tables. Any specific catering set-up must be submitted to the Museum 10 days prior to event.
Caterer/Museum property: Any items unintentionally left/taken by caterer must be returned/picked-up by caterer within 2 business days.
A checklist will be provided/checked prior to and after all events by the caterer and Museum staff to note any previous damage and damage that occurred while in caterers services. Caterer forfeits any cleaning deposits for damages or if all terms are not met.
LICENSES AND PERMITS
Approved caterers for the Huntsville Museum of Art must be fully licensed in compliance with all applicable Huntsville, Madison County, State of Alabama and the U.S. Government code requirements and regulations. Appropriate license must be filed with our Facility Rental Department as part of agreement. Please include, with completed and signed Caterer Agreement, a copy of your license and of your rating and certificate from the Huntsville/Madison County Health Department.
Huntsville Museum of Art is committed to serving as a good steward of its facilities. In order to insure a safe and wholesome environment at all times, The Huntsville Museum of Art has established procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages on its property. Huntsville Museum of Art holds local and state alcohol licenses and abides by all local and state laws pertaining to the service of alcoholic beverages.
The caterer shall maintain for the duration of their service, insurance as follows:
Worker’s Compensation Insurance: The Caterer shall procure and shall maintain during the Term of the Agreement, Worker’s Compensation Insurance for all of its employees.
Comprehensive General Liability Insurance: The Caterer shall carry public liability and property damage insurance. Proof of General Liability insurance minimum of $1,000,000.00, with the Museum listed as Additional Insured.
The caterer shall provide a certificate of insurance as evidence that the insurance requirements of this section have been met. This certificate shall be delivered to the Huntsville Museum of Art as part of the execution of this agreement and within 30 days of each policy’s future renewal date.
HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION
The Caterer agrees to take all reasonable precautions for the safety of employees and other parties present for the scheduled event.
The Caterer, to the fullest extent permitted by law, shall hold harmless and indemnify the Huntsville Museum of Art, its board members, officers, employees, agents, volunteers against all claims damages, losses and expenses, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees, and fees arising out of or resulting from catered events at the HMA. This is to include associated parking facilities, provided that any such claim, damage, loss or expense (1) is attributable to personal injury, including bodily injury, sickness, disease or death, or to injury to or destruction of tangible property, including loss of use resulting therefrom, and (2) is caused by an intentional or negligent act or omission of the Renter, Caterer, Florists, Photographer, guests or others invited on the Museum premises. Such obligation should not be construed to negate, abridge or otherwise reduce any other right or obligation of indemnity which would otherwise exist as to any party or person described in this paragraph.
Caterer shall coordinate directly with each vendor for services. Caterer shall in no way bind the Huntsville Museum of Art to any terms of its agreement with the client unless the Museum agrees to be so bound in writing. Any oral agreements between Caterer and the Museum shall not be binding.
Caterer warrants, defends and indemnifies the Huntsville Museum of Art from any and all liability arising out of or relating to the Caterer’s actions, negligence, errors, omission and agreements, written or not, entered into directly with the client.
Huntsville Museum of Art
Authorized Signer (Printed): __________________________________________________________________________
Catering Company: ______________________________________________________________________________
Authorized Signer (Printed):_____________________________________________________________________