COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Huntsville Museum of Art Information
After reviewing Governor Kay Ivey’s amended Safer at Home order on May 21, the Huntsville Museum of Art will begin the process of reopening. The Museum will open to Museum members only on Tuesday, May 26. The Museum will open to the general public on Tuesday, June 2. On Tuesday-Saturday of the members-only week (May 26 – May 30), the Museum will have special hours reserved for museum members aged 60+. These hours will be from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Only Museum members ages 60 and up will be allowed into the galleries during this time. All members regardless of age will be able to view the art from 1 p.m. until closing.
The Museum will be in compliance with the rules set forth for entertainment venues in the Governor’s amended Safer at Home order issued on May 21. This includes the following:
- Employees shall not knowingly allow patrons or guests to congregate within six feet of a person from another household.
- Employees shall take reasonable steps to prevent people from congregating in lobby areas, break rooms and other common areas.
- Venues shall limit occupancy to 50 percent of the normal occupancy load as determined by the fire marshall.
- Each employee shall wear a mask or other facial covering that covers his or her nostrils and mouth at all times while in regular interaction with clients or guests.
- An entertainment venue shall take reasonable steps, where practicable, to regularly disinfect frequently used items and surfaces.
- In addition to the rules laid out by the State, the museum will require all visitors to wear a mask or facial covering, and no one is allowed inside the Museum if they have a fever or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- All guests touring Museum facilities for upcoming rentals or events must wear a mask or face covering throughout the duration of their tour.
Visitors are able to purchase their tickets online to ensure a touchless entry into the Museum. Member admission passes for May 26 – May 31 are available now and can be found here. Non-member tickets for dates beginning June 2 will be available for purchase soon. All tickets are good for the date selected.
Guests should put on their masks when entering the Museum. If a guest does not have a mask, a disposable mask can be bought at the front desk for $3.
The health and safety of Museum visitors is our number one priority. This decision is being made with guidance from the State of Alabama and is based on CDC guidance regarding social distancing and the elimination of large gatherings. Please continue to check our website and social media accounts for information on exhibits, events, and programming.
The Museum will continue to make regular updates on this page and social media outlets. Currently, the following events and programs have been adjusted:
Event postponements and cancellations
- Voices of Our Times with P. Allen Smith has been postponed until Thursday, August 13. Current ticket holders’ payment will be applied to the new date. If they are unable to attend the new date, ticket holders have a right to:
- Request a refund.
- Donate their ticket back to the Museum and receive a tax receipt.
- 5 after 5: On June 4, the Museum will be open its regular Thursday hours (10 a.m. – 8 p.m.). Non-members can access the galleries for $5 on Thursdays after 5 p.m. Wine will not be available until Thursday, June 18. Members will be able to access the galleries on Thursdays until 8 p.m. beginning on June 11.
Please check back regularly for further updates.