COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Huntsville Museum of Art Information
The Huntsville Museum of Art is open with new policies regarding masks and social distancing.
The Museum will be in compliance with the rules set forth for entertainment venues in the Governor’s amended Safer at Home order amended on September 30. This includes the following:
- Employees shall not knowingly allow patrons or guests to congregate within six feet of a person from another household.
- Museum employees shall wear a mask or other facial covering that covers his or her nostrils and mouth at all times while in regular interaction with clients or guests.
- Museum visitors should wear a mask that covers their nostrils and mouth at all times while in the museum.
- Employees shall take reasonable steps to prevent people from congregating in lobby areas, break rooms and other common areas.
- Venues shall limit occupancy to 50 percent of the normal occupancy load as determined by the fire marshall.
- An entertainment venue shall take reasonable steps, where practicable, to regularly disinfect frequently used items and surfaces.
- In addition to the rules laid out by the State, the museum will require all visitors to wear a mask or facial covering, and no one is allowed inside the Museum if they have a fever or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- All guests touring Museum facilities for upcoming rentals or events must wear a mask or face covering throughout the duration of their tour.
Visitors are able to purchase their tickets online to ensure a touchless entry into the Museum. All tickets can be found here.
Guests should put on their masks when entering the Museum. If a guest does not have a mask, a disposable mask can be bought at the front desk for $1.
The health and safety of Museum visitors is our number one priority. This decision is being made with guidance from the State of Alabama and is based on CDC guidance regarding social distancing and the elimination of large gatherings. Please continue to check our website and social media accounts for information on exhibits, events, and programming.
The Museum will continue to make regular updates on this page and social media outlets. Currently, the following events and programs have been adjusted:
Event postponements and cancellations
- Voices of Our Times with P. Allen Smith has been postponed until Thursday, April 15. Current ticket holders’ payment will be applied to the new date. If they are unable to attend the new date, ticket holders have a right to:
- Request a refund.
- Donate their ticket back to the Museum and receive a tax receipt.
- Guests can enjoy $5 admission and evening hours from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. every Thursday. Wine service has been temporarily suspended as an extra precaution against COVID-19.
Please check back regularly for further updates.