HUNTSVILLE MUSEUM OF ART
The Huntsville Museum of Art is located downtown in Big Spring International Park. The Museum offers one of the most beautiful settings in Huntsville and a unique and special experience for your guests. The Huntsville Museum of Art is a splendid, elegant space for hosting special events both on the gallery level and upper level of the Museum. The Museum spaces include Loretta Spencer Hall, Judy and Oscar Maxwell Hall, The Betsy and Peter Lowe Boardroom, The Great Hall, The Upper Level, Roper Room and The North Patio. The Museum features prestigious touring exhibitions, contemporary Southern artists and shows that highlight works from our more than 3,000-piece permanent collection. The Museum is available to corporate and professional organizations as well as private individuals.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Vendors should expect to provide services for a variety of events encompassing Museum functions, nonprofit and business meetings, weddings, and community gatherings, to name a few.
- Vendor will remember that the Museum is a cultural facility. The Museum is open to the general public during posted hours.
- Vendor will handle customers in a courteous and responsive manner.
- Communications between the Vendor and the customer will be timely and professional.
- Vendor’s employees will be held to high standards of appearance and cleanliness.
- Vendor will coordinate directly with customer regarding needs, event times, etc.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the building nor 20 feet from the outside of the public entrances on Church Street and Williams Street nor loading dock area.
- You cannot be visible with adult beverages during operational hours.
- Deliveries must use designated delivery entrance: Loading dock area.
- Gas grills are allowed for outdoor use only. Sterno heating devices are permitted with approval from the Facility/Event Coordinator.
- Vendor will submit to the Huntsville Museum of Art sample pricing for the purpose of fielding inquiries from potential customers.
- Loss or cost recovery due to event cancellation is between the customer and the caterer.
- No use of Huntsville Museum of Art equipment is allowed.
- The Huntsville Museum of Art reserves the right to cancel this agreement in the event that it deems the Vendor’s conduct to be detrimental to the best interest and purposes of the Museum.
USE OF FACILITIES
A checklist will be provided/checked prior to and after all events by the Vendor and Museum Events Coordinator to note any previous damage and damage that occurred while in event areas. Vendor is liable for damages sustained while in use.
SET-UP AND CLEAN-UP
Vendor and Renter’s Event Coordinator must be aware of the following:
- Decorations may not be attached (taped, nailed, wired, glued or pinned) to the walls, floors, lighting fixtures or ceilings
- No Glitter
- No Animals
- No Vaping or Smoking
- No Drones
- No Sparklers
- All signs and balloons to be removed from the property at the end of the event
- No Fog Machines
- Paint pens and sky-lanterns are not allowed on Museum property. The use of any adhesive substances are prohibited (i.e., command hooks, tacky).
- All rental dishes, serving items must be removed from the kitchen and put in the holding area near the loading dock. The hallways off the Guild Kitchen and Loretta Spencer Hall must be cleaned.
Tables and Chairs: Vendors will have access to service tables. Any specific event set-up must be submitted to the Museum 10 days prior to event.
Vendor/Museum property: Any items unintentionally left/taken by Vendor must be returned/picked-up by Vendor within 2 business days.
The Vendor shall maintain for the duration of their service, insurance as follows:
Worker’s Compensation Insurance: The Vendor shall procure and shall maintain during the Term of the Agreement, Worker’s Compensation Insurance for all of its employees.
Comprehensive General Liability Insurance: The Vendor shall carry public liability and property damage insurance. Proof of General Liability insurance minimum of $1,000,000.00, with the Museum listed as Additional Insured.
The Vendor shall provide a certificate of insurance as evidence that the insurance requirements of this section have been met. This certificate shall be delivered to the Huntsville Museum of Art as part of the execution of this agreement and within 30 days of each policy’s future renewal date.
HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFICATION
The Vendor agrees to take all reasonable precautions for the safety of employees and other parties present for the scheduled event.
The Vendor, to the fullest extent permitted by law, shall hold harmless and indemnify the Huntsville Museum of Art, its board members, officers, employees, agents, volunteers against all claims damages, losses and expenses, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees, and fees arising out of or resulting from catered events at the HMA. This is to include associated parking facilities, provided that any such claim, damage, loss or expense (1) is attributable to personal injury, including bodily injury, sickness, disease or death, or to injury to or destruction of tangible property, including loss of use resulting therefrom, and (2) is caused by an intentional or negligent act or omission of the Renter, Caterer, Florists, Photographer, guests or others invited on the Museum premises. Such obligation should not be construed to negate, abridge or otherwise reduce any other right or obligation of indemnity which would otherwise exist as to any party or person described in this paragraph.
Vendor shall in no way bind the Huntsville Museum of Art to any terms of its agreement with the client unless the Museum agrees to be so bound in writing. Any oral agreements between Vendor and the Museum shall not be binding.
Vendor warrants, defends and indemnifies the Huntsville Museum of Art from any and all liability arising out of or relating to the Vendor’s actions, negligence, errors, omission and agreements, written or not, entered into directly with the client.
Huntsville Museum of Art
Authorized Signer (Printed): __________________________________________________________________________
Vendor Company: ______________________________________________________________________________
Authorized Signer (Printed):_____________________________________________________________________